More about me and why this blog

Hi

In year 2001, a young prefect boy was sitting by the gate of a secondary school, allowing students whose name are to be recorded because of late coming to enter the school. A senior prefect came along one day, and my world was never the same from that day. It was the weirdest conversation you can find between a junior and a senior prefect. She sat beside me, and started telling me all about this guy called Jesus Christ, how He could heal people, how He lived a sinless life, teaching people, and most absurdly, walking on water. Silly though I was, that was something beyond my belief; still I agreed to go for a musical her church (eventually mine!) organized to find out more about what she was telling me. Before the actual day of musical, I was worshiping together with the casts.

I thank God for the many musically inclined friends He placed around me. In fact most of my friends that I am closed to are all musicians. He also made me with such a great passion for music! My first music theory was taught by my secondary school drum major, Khairunnisa, my best friend. Then subsequently in church, many seniors taught me how to play the guitar. Well, I wouldn't say that when I played the first chords on the guitar was to worship God, but as I progress and learn the instrument through worship songs, I grew in love, knowledge and ability in playing music.

Eventually through prayer, solitudes and studying of God's word, often other times my inspirations comes from friends, I learnt to express it in lyrics and tunes. I really thank God for giving me the gift of feeling music and poems, so much that when I read or write something, a tune seems to be attached to the words. Music has a way of amplifying the message.

I need to emphasise that I am not a professional, nor am seeking recognition or fame through this blog, but a sharing of the songs that I have written in hope of encouraging others through my experiences and inspirations. Each song is not a concoction of just poems and tunes, but my prayer and response to God. Please do not listen to the songs itself (for I don't reckon them as professionally melodious for appreciation) but do read the reasons and explanations of the songs.

Feel free to ask for the chords, just email or sms me for it.

Live’in perfect love with You

Written in 2004, in my earlier years as a christian, there were lots of struggles, youthful temptations that keep distracting me from walking faithfully with God. Yet as young as I was, I knew one fact, "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" Phil 1:6, so I will struggle to obey. Also there was one thing I had in mind, to learn to love God as He has loved me; it was the cry of my heart to want to live in harmony with Him. In the end I must acknowledge the fact that it is Christ, my righteousness, who is able to sanctify me, not my struggle to obedience, for I will never be perfected till the day I lose this earthly body.

The structure of the song is such that the first stanza is inward looking, acknowledging my filthiness and praying for forgiveness. The perspective of the second stanza changes towards looking at God, what He can and will do.

As I continue to live, no matter how far I've grown in my walk with God, I will never be perfect; but it will be my constant prayer to cry out to God to continuously forgive, and change me, so that I can live in perfect love with Him.

Live’in perfect love with You

How can I love You enough
Wretched life so full of sin
How can I ever be faithful to You
Trails and temptations they never cease
Lord, forgive me

Chorus:

I just want to love You
Just like you did to me
To live my life to please You
Oh nothing else I want
But to live, in prefect love with You

Oh Jesus, You know I’m frail and weak
Things that I do, sometimes disappoint You
But Lord I want to anger You no more
Sovereign Lord you can and will change me
My righteousness, come sanctify me

Chorus:

I just want to love You
Just like you did to me
To live my life to please You
Oh nothing else I want
But to live, in prefect love with You
I just want to love You
Just like you did to me
To live my life to please You
Oh nothing else I want
But to live, in prefect love with You
But to live, in prefect love with You


Livein perfect love with You.mp3 - Jonathon Teo